Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2006 00:43:06 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, intron@intron.ac
Subject:   Re: ports/95158: The port linux_base-fc3 misses two fundamental packages

Am Sun, 02 Apr 2006 01:02:29 +0400
schrieb Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>:

> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 00:14:41 GMT Edwin Groothuis wrote:
>
> > Synopsis: The port linux_base-fc3 misses two fundamental packages
>
> Thess packages are: libselinux, pcre.
>
> I'm not sure if those package should be presented at linux_base
> port. We have a pretty much linux ports, and how many of them use
> those packages so far? ;-)

For pcre I don't have a strong opinion. It can be included, on the
other side it doesn't needs to be included. It's a popular software,
and I wouldn't mind including it (even as I don't see the _immediate_
benefit).

libselinux on the other side is a little bit different. I haven't
looked at the contents of this package, but it sounds like it's related
to "security enhanced linux". AFAIK this needs kernel support, which we
don't have. But this is just a wild guess at midnight, it may be wrong...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
              The best things in life are free, but the
                expensive ones are still worth a look.