Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 00:42:19 -0400
From:      "Norman C. Rice" <nrice@emu.sourcee.com>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation: APC UPS software "Powerchute"?

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 05:45:44PM +0200, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Has anyone gotten the Powerchute software running on FreeBSD under Linux
> emulation? The software is for monitoring and controlling UPS devices
> made by APC (www.apcc.com).

I have PowerChute Plus v4.51 (p451_libc.tar) running (upsd and
xpowerchute communicating on the same system). However, I have no
need to monitor/configure remote hosts so I responded with 'n'
when prompted with "Do you currently have TCP/IP Installed?"
during the install. I also responded with 'y' when prompted with
"Do you want to execute command files as root?" so I didn't need
to create a 'pwrchute' account on the system (FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT:
Sun Sep 26 15:04:47 EDT 1999).

--
Regards,
Norman C. Rice, Jr.