Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:31:54 -0500
From:      Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Neigaard <neigaard@e-box.dk>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I only permit some IP's to access FTP?

Are your ftp rules above or below this, in /etc/hosts.allow:

---
# Start by allowing everything (this prevents the rest of the file
# from working, so remove it when you need protection).
# The rules here work on a "First match wins" basis.
ALL : ALL : allow
---

First match wins principle may be at work here.

--
Christopher Schulte
http://www.schulte.org/