Date:      Sun, 06 Dec 2009 17:50:14 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Andrew W. Nosenko" <andrew.w.nosenko@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: empty GDM list

--=-v8nSGamJ5XSbhKQt1gws

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 00:19 +0200, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 22:59, Sean Cavanaugh <Millenia2000@hotmail.com> w=
rote:
> > This is on a fresh install of 8.0-AMD64 and ports install of gnome 2.28=
. no modifications have been done

> > When GDM loads up, the window only shows my computer icon and the "rest=
art" and "Shut Down" buttons. there is no area at all to either select a us=
er account or even to manually type one in.

> > what files do I need to parse to check why this is happening? or does s=
omeone know a reason that would cause this?
>=20
> Whether you have procfs mounted?  It is required (or at least was
> required) for proper functioning PolicyKit, and, therefore many parts
> of GNOME, including GDM.

Yes, it is required.  You should also check /var/log/messages for more
details.

Joe

--=20

--=-v8nSGamJ5XSbhKQt1gws