Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 1995 01:24:47 +0000 ()
From:      Hordur <hordur@islandia.is>
To:        rjb@intac.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CTSRTS flow control on modem port...

On Sun, 27 Aug 1995 rjb@intac.com wrote:

> I'm trying to get hardware flow control enabled on /dev/cuaa0 (my dial out
> modem port) during startup. I've poked around in /etc/rc.serial which seems
> to be the place for this to happen, although those calls to stty don't seem
> to be entered correctly. If I read the man page right the first arg to stty
> should be -f followed by the dev entry. With the modem() script in
> /etc/rc.serial this clearly isn't the case. Anyway, exactly how does one
> enable hardware flow??
In rc.serial hardware flow control is enabled in the sub modem.
                stty </dev/ttyid$i crtscts 57600
                stty </dev/ttyld$i crtscts
                stty </dev/cuaia$i crtscts 57600
                stty </dev/cuala$i crtscts
This enable rts/cts flowcontrol with the modem, just put a modem 1, last in
the rc.serial and hardwareflowcontrol will be enabled on your callout and
dialin devices...

Hordur Johannsson.