Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2017 18:49:11 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        aggaz <aggaz@paranoici.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Orange Pi Uno: Status and usability

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 05:23:04PM +0100, aggaz wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I saw that there is support for Orange Pi One [1] regarding U-boot [2]
> and that it should be possible to compile an image for this board using
> crochet [3].
>
> I am considering buying this board with the sole purpose to install
> FreeBSD on it.
>
> I am writing here to know previous experiences that some of you could
> had with this board in particular.
>
> I would gladly accept any suggestions about why I should buy/not buy it.
>
> Moreover, I am planning to use FreeBSD-RELEASE v11 to build the image.
> If there are known issues with this particular FreeBSD version please
> let me know.
>
> Finally, I am interested also in experiences or opinions about other
> boards from Orange Pi, in particular Orange Pi Zero [4].
> In my understanding this one uses an H2 SoC, so I suppose it can not run
> FreeBSD at the moment, am I right?

The zero runs fine - beside that SDIO based WLAN as usual, but the zeros
have Ethernet.
I had it working with a NanoPi image.
The H2+ and the H3 are almost identical, with the H2+ just missing some
parts for 4k video.
It is mostly that there are so many Orange Pi variants out there, that
some don't have prebuild images.
The only Orange Pi variant, which might not work, are the new 64bit H5
based PC2.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de