Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:08:10 -0500
From:      "Thimble Smith" <tim@mysql.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   showstopper

The word "showstopper" has shown up quite a few times on -current
recently, in reference to various problems that absolutely must be
fixed before 4.0 can be released.  But I just have to let this out;
a "showstopper" is something really *good*, not something really
bad.  I should say that the work that's been done on NFS is a real
showstopper.  The threads package is a showstopper.

I just think it'll be too bad if we lose that word entirely from
the English language.  It's such a nice thing, I think it's tragic
for it to get smeared like that.

Thanks for listening,

Tim