Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:51:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au (Daniel O'Connor)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux GGI

> Hi,
> I have come across the GGI project, which aims to allow access to graphics
> devices easily, and without having SUID binaries around - also allows multiple
> monitors and keyboards etc..
> I am thinking of porting it to FreeBSD, because it actually looks descent -
> well, their goals are good anyway :)

Hmm, you have plenty of spare time I guess :)

> They have kernel bits which have to be added which are going to be the hard
> stuff, but I am working on the userland stuff at the moment.
>
> Anyone else interested?
> The URL for the GGI Homepage is http://synergy.caltech.edu/~ggi/

I've looked at this long ago, and it sounds real nice...
However, I dont see it having much success with the rate new Video Chipsets
occur currently. There is no chance in hell for holding up on this...
Its worth looking after though, if they manage to get enough momentum
behind them, it might challenge the Xfree guys, and competition newer
hurts :)
Let me know if you need help with the kernel/video parts, I know my way
around there ;)