Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:44:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Licia <licia@o-o.org>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   An inexpensive way to advocate

It occurred to me the other day, that there is a very nice and
inexpensive way to advocate FreeBSD that virtually anyone with
$35 or so can do...

Go to your local office supply store, and order business cards..
you can get a thousand cards for around $20 to $30 or so plus tax
in most places.  On the cards, place some sort of text regarding
FreeBSD, and the URL for the website.  Then, just leave these
cards where people involved with computers can find them... in
computer stores, the computer areas of book stores, etc...

I ordered mine Tuesday, and am expecting them in Monday sometime :)

The message I asked to have printed (with lines appropriately sized
and centered) is this :

FreeBSD

http://www.FreeBSD.org

FreeBSD is a BSD UNIX operating system for PC compatible
computers which offers networking, performance, security,
and compatibility features which are superior to many of
today's most advanced alternatives, and you get it free.

Not great wording, but hopefully it'll get a few people to
at least look! :)

[ licia@o-o.org ]  [ http://www.o-o.org/ ]  [ IrcNick : Licia ]
[ A happy user of FreeBSD : http://www.freebsd.org/           ]
[ Why crawl through windows when you can walk through a door? ]
[ This user boycotts all Microsoft products and services      ]