Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:59:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jerry Dunham <jdunham@fc.net>
To:        tymbrwlf@bellsouth.net (Larry Hawk)
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Newbies)
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Users/Newbies in NW Florida area

Larry Hawk babbled:
> From: "Larry Hawk" <tymbrwlf@bellsouth.net>
> To: "FreeBSD Newbies" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:25:53 -0500

> Are there any User's groups or other groups in the NW Florida area where a poor, downtrodden, hopeless NT Admin can turn to for some person-to-person help with learning FreeBSD? I'm trying to set up a FreeBSD box for some different uses that are a little too advanced for the -Newbie list and not-advanced enough for the -Questions list (i.e. FreeBSD as a primary domain controller for a Windows network, and as a proxy server/firewall on that same network); forget the IRQ channels- I got kicked for even mentioning Windows one night. I've read until my eyes bleed and I have found lots of information but, unfortunately, a lot of it is conflicting. Everyone obviously has their own way of doing things. It makes it difficult for me to learn the "right" way to do things... If I could just find a person or group of people to whom I could just say "Show me what you mean", then it would make things alot easier for me to learn. Sorry for rambling....

I think if I were you I'd go ahead and ask your technical questions on
freebsd-questions.  You're more likely to be attacked for your mail
message formatting (all on one long line) than for the content of your
questions.  Interactions between FreeBSD and Windoze are fair game, and
you shouldn't let anyone tell you otherwise.

As for your message formatting, I think the correct URL is:

	http://www.lemis.com/email.html

Check it out.  If I have the URL wrong, bug me and I'll go check it.

Are you in Escambia County?

--
Jerry Dunham                     FreeBSD             http://www.dunham.org
jdunham@fc.net               jerry@dunham.org            (512)335-0674 (H)