Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 22:17:30 -0700
From:      Matt White <mjw@dhp.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard problems

--On Wednesday, May 17, 2000 9:20 AM +0900 "Daniel C. Sobral"
<dcs@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Matt White wrote:
>>
>> I also have another card that causes pccardd to core dump.  My
>> understanding is that there are BigChanges(tm) afoot for pccard support
>> in FreeBSD.  Are there similarly big changes planned for pccardd to the
>> point where it wouldn't be worthwhile figuring out why this card is
>> causing problems?  I have no immediate use for the card.
>
> That is probably a CardBus card, which presently makes pccardd core dump
> for silly reasons. A couple of NULL pointer guards in cardd.c's
> card_inserted() is all one needs to prevent it from core dumping (though
> CardBus is still not supported).

Actually, this is a compact flash card of some kind.  I can't remember
whether it's the ether or the memory card that causes the problem.  In any
case, if I get a response as to whether pccardd is going to change enough
to make a patch unworthwhile, I'll figure out what exactly the problem is
and fix it.

-Matt