Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:28:33 +0000
From:      Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater@gldis.ca>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        kensmith@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GBDE filesystem not recognised in 5.3-BETA5?

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20040919171951.GX1538@submonkey.net>, Ceri Davies writes:
>
>>I'm seeing a pretty major regression between 5.3-BETA1 and 5.3-BETA5.
>>I'm also hoping that I have done something stupid, but I don't see what.
>

> How many keys have you defined for that GBDE partition ?  This is
> the "max_keys" parameter you gave to "gbde init".  If you specified
> a number less than 4 you should backup your partition, boot BETA5,
> run gbde init again, and then restore your data.

The discussion on geom@ implied the problem was for less than 4 keys, as
you have stated. But the recent BETA5 announcement states 4 or less
keys. As someone using the default number of 4 keys, I'd like to verify
whether or not I need to reinitialize my gbde partition.

--
Jeremy Faulkner			http://www.gldis.ca