Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 01:13:16 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        robert@chalmers.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Subject:   Re: tun0 interface and routing - boot time messages and downed links

Sounds like you're kicking off ppp twice at startup and one of them
is dying (probably because it can't configure the interface as it's
already configured).

This would also cause the uu_unlock error.

What does the log say ?  The log should also show why ppp is exiting
at 4:50 (is that what you mean by ``hung'' ?).

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;