Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:03:38 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Nat Lanza <magus@cs.cmu.edu>
Cc:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: PCI bus breakage yesterday

> > But now I am getting spontaneous rebooting of the computer.
>
> I'm seeing the same on my Thinkpad T22 -- pccard works again, but the
> machine's spontaneously rebooting after a while when I use a pcmcia
> WaveLAN card. It's a bit unfortunate. It doesn't reboot if I use the
> mini-PCI fxp card, though.

Interesting.  I switched over to using my PCMCIA ethernet card instead
of the fxp, just to stress test things, and so far I've had good luck
(no reboots).

I'm updating the entire enchilada again right now (to get any userland
changes that I might have missed), so I'll know more again in a couple
of hours.

Nate