Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:03:47 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel =?iso-8859-1?B?RHZvPz/haw==?= <dandee@hellteam.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, frank@dynamical-systems.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: ipfw2dshield-0.5

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 12:03:28AM +0200, Daniel Dvo??ák wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> thank you.
>
> I have read a man page several times and there is nothing about this PATH problem, that a user has to add something to the path or during installation process there is no message about it.

FreeBSD by default sets PATH to what you see in the mail from cron.
That is, /usr/local/bin is not include in the list.  This is Normal(tm).

> So question is, it would be good to add info to man page or to "some magic scripst", wouldn´t it ?

Ideally this should be fixed by doing something like export
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/bin either inside the rc script or inside of the
ipfw2dshild script (if it's a script).

> And the last but one, if it is the problem with PATH, why it does not appear on the other my systems ? I made an installation in the same way on all pc´s.

On other FreeBSD systems?  You probably have PATH explicitly set in on
of your ~root dotfiles, or in /etc/profile, etc. etc...

> The last, which user do I have to add to PATH variable for ? For root ? For cron ?

root, but see above.