Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:46:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        Greg Lane <gregory.lane@anu.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, matt@gsicomp.on.ca
Subject:   Re: ADSL PPPoE (Telstra Aust.) began to hang between 4.3- and 4.4-RELEASE

I recently had the *exact* problem with some 4.3-REL machines.  In my
case, it turned out that the telco had upgraded some equipment that
caused the problem.

Could it be possible that something in the PPP or PPPoE implementations
makes FreeBSD prone to problems in certain fringe situations?

--
Matthew Emmerton      || matt@gsicomp.on.ca
GSI Computer Services || http://www.gsicomp.on.ca