Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:41:10 -0800
From:      Joe Bo <ibjoe@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   real world monitoring via the parallel port

Hi,

I want to use my FreeBSD machine (v3.2) to monitor some external
TTL level / contact closures. I was thinking of using the parallel
port or maybe a dedicated IO board. I'd like to log activity and
automatically send email on certain conditions. I've searched the
Ports and couldn't find anything to do this. Does anyone have any
information or ideas about how this could be done?
Any input is much appreciated.
Thanks,

Joe Bo