Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 1996 08:21:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        muir@idiom.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: An ISP's Wishlist...

> Wishlists are a Good Thing 8)

Absolutely :-)

> > fixed boca16 driver so that it doesn't hang once a week.  (No current
> > urgency -- I bought a pair of Cyclades 16e's to use until the boca
> > driver is fixed)
>
> It appears that there's a problem with acknowledging interrupts and the
> Boca cards.  I don't know if Joe Greco ever got to the beottom of his
> locking up...

>From my discussions with other folks, it seems like there may be problems
with particular combinations of BB's and MB's.  What we did discover is that
it is trivial to detect the condition and that the card can be reset by
detaching all processes from it (i.e. flipping all the ttys entries to "off"
and then back "on").  The problem occurs with very low frequency and I
haven't had a chance to test anything more sophisticated, last discovery was
made about two weeks ago  ;-)

I'm not sure that the problem I'm seeing is the same problem others are
seeing, however.

... Joe

Solaria Public Access UNIX - Milwaukee, WI			   414/546-7968