Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:12:30 -0800
From:      Ken Marx <kmarx@bigshed.com>
To:        Grigoriy Strokin <grg@philol.msu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0/pci128/.wav's

Hi Grigoriy,

Very interesting. We've noticed that doing a cat file.au > /dev/audio
(or /dev/dsp) seems ok. Maybe there's something funky with the ioctl
support for one of the GET/SET_xxx commands?

Have you by chance found a PCI sound card for which this bad behavior
*doesn't* occur?

I've got a sinking feeling that I'm going to be adding printf's to
the driver by next week sometime... bleh.

thanks,
k.

--
Ken Marx, kmarx@bigshed.com
We are at risk unless we improve predictability and revise the expectations