Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:02:02 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Schmidt <sos@DeepCore.dk>
Cc:        Putinas Piliponis <putinas.piliponis@icnspot.net>
Subject:   Re: system lockup - ata spurious interrupts - somehow updated

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 12:33:19 +0100
S=F8ren Schmidt <sos@DeepCore.dk> wrote:

> Now, the above is more likely an interrupt setup/routing problem of=20
> sorts, if you get spurious interrupts *something* is yanking the=20
> interrupt line, but ATA knows that it hasn't requested anything and=20
> spits out the "spurious" warning.

Does this also explain why I get a freezed system at boot time after
alot of those warnings when I enable HT (-current as of yesterday)?

> That said, the ICH5 support is written "blindfolded" as I do not have=20
> any such HW here in the lab. So if there is a problem with ATA on those,=
=20
> someone with the HW and enough kernel clue should look into it (or=20
> someone could land the needed HW in my lab, which could also bring=20
> support for the SW RAID on intel's)...

I have the hardware and I'm willing to fix this problem. What kernel
clue are we talking about?

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
           I will be available to get hired in April 2004.

  GPG fingerprint =3D C518 BC70 E67F 143F BE91  3365 79E2 9C60 B006 3FE7