Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 1996 20:00:41 +0500
From:      A JOSEPH KOSHY <koshy@india.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   High packet loss for the `ed' driver?

Hi,

This is behaviour that I'm seeing in the recent (1-3 months) -current code:

`ping -f' to any machine on the local ethernet runs out of buffer space very
rapidly on my FreeBSD-current machine (2-3 seconds).  The machine is a
P5-90 with an HP PC Lan+ ethernet card (using the `ed' driver).  Ping -f to
this machine also results in a rather heavy packet loss.  This behaviour is
new and has cropped up recently.

If you are using an NE2k compatible card, have you by any chance seen
similar packet losses?  I'm wondering if its a generic `ed' problem
or something that specific to the HP PC Lan code.

Thanks,
Koshy