Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 1998 16:16:13 -0500
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mail.local quota fix

With the mail.local quota fix, and indeed sendmail in general, if in the
Mlocal conifugration in /etc/sendmail.cf, the m option causes a message to
fail for all (large chunk) recipients if any one fails.  This is really bad in
the quota case, one failed quota, message is bounced for all recips, and
generally really annoying when sending outbound mail and you typo one address.

The solution is to remove the m option from the F= on Mlocal, and I believe we
should do this for the general FreeBSD case, and perhaps make a note that if
you are planning on extremely high volume mail services you might want to put
it back.  (Although in that case, I would think one would deliver to the queue
first anyway, and let sendmail do its thing, in which case it shouldnt hurt
too badly).

Thoughts, opinions, tar'n'feathering?

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu