Date:      Sat, 2 Oct 1999 00:20:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Don <don@calis.blacksun.org>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with NCR driver

Ok here is the situation. I have an alphastation 200 4/233 with 96 megs of
ram. I just installed this system today. I cvsup'd new source and went to
compile a custom kernel using a configuration I use on two other identical
systems. The problem is that when I attempt to boot this system the ncr
driver "discarded data" and after 6 or so discards it announces that it
cannot read block 16. I immediately booted with generic and it worked
fine. Is there a known issue with this driver?

I have had similar problems with the ncr's in my other systems. Those
systems are running current from about 3 weeks ago. If I change the SCSI
Delay in the kernel config and then reboot without powering off, the
system will hang at the ncr driver.

Basically I have had this problem on 3 different ncr's with 4 different
hard disks. If anyone has any information about this please let me know.

-don