Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:20:11 -0400
From:      User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        Idar Tollefsen <Idar.Tollefsen@baerum.kommune.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse trouble (console and X)

As it was put forth by Idar Tollefsen on Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 03:20:14PM +0200...
> Hello,
>
> I had moused running, using /dev/mouse which
> was a symlink to /dev/sysmouse. When I started
> X with this configuration, the mouse fired off quite
> a few clicks and placed itself in the top right corner
> and then went dead.
>
> I went back to the console and killed moused just
> to find that the mouse now was non-functional in X.
>
> Back on the console again, I changed /dev/mouse
> to point to /dev/psm0 (as I have a PS/2 mouse).
> This made the mouse work correctly in X, but
> only when moused isn'r running. moused still starts
> and operates correctly even tough it now points
> to /dev/psm0 instead of /dev/sysmouse trough
> /dev/mouse.
>
> Is there a way to make moused and X cooperate
> to share the mouse? And what exactly does
> /dev/sysmouse do? I read somewhere that it
> was an abstraction to the actual mouse device...?
>
> Note that I have tried both "ps/2" and "auto" as
> protocols for moused, both for /dev/psm0 and
> /dev/sysmouse.
>

> - IT

	You're almost there.  Try auto and /dev/mouse in X.  I use moused
and a mouse in X with no problems.  Make sure moused is running before you
run X with these values though.  If /dev/mouse doesn't work, then
/dev/sysmouse.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"