Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:41:17 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
To:        Lars Bungum <Lars.Bungum@copyleft.no>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trying to patch rsync port.

Lars Bungum <Lars.Bungum@copyleft.no> writes:

> What I tried to do, was to paste it into a file /tmp/rsyncmknod.patch
> and putting this line into the Makefile
>
> EXTRA_PATCHES=  /tmp/rsyncmknod.patch
>
> .but I didn't get this to work.  It asked me for a filename as I was
> trying to make.

That's usually a hint that the path component count in the --- and +++
lines don't match the -p parameter, and the auto-filename derivation
magic in patch didn't succeed. Find out what parameter is configured for
patch (IIRC, "make -V PATCH_STRIP" should do that -- not on a BSD
machine ATM) and adjust the patch accordingly. The file names in the
patch are expected to be relative to ${WRKSRC}.

--
Matthias Andree