Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 16:46:47 +0100
From:      "Peter Blok" <Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net>
To:        "'Julian Elischer'" <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        "'Mike Tancsa'" <mike@sentex.net>, <stable@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 802.1q vlans and STABLE

The panic occurs in ng_ether_output, during the ifconfig of the first vlan
interface. It is coming from SIOCSIFADDR. It tries to do an arp request. The
reason of the the panic is NULL pointer to the netgraph structure. I am not
an expert to this code, but I believe this should have been done in
ng_ether_attach.

I had difficulty re-producing this on my test machine, because the conf file
was different. In my configuration the attach is probably not done because I
don't have a couple of drivers configured in.

I'm still looking at it.

Peter