Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:36:14 +0100 (CET)
From:      "M.G.Kishalmi" <lmg@tm.kishalmi.net>
To:        froese@mtu.edu
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libvorbis.so.3

> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libvorbisfile.so.3" not found
>
> If I search my system, I do find a file called "libvorbisfile.so.4".  I've
> tried deinstalling and reinstalling the libvorbis port, and even the
> kdemultimedia port.  No luck; I get the same error.  Googling doesn't reveal
> anything obvious.  There were a couple of dependency problems when I did a
> "pkgdb -F" before running portupgrade, but I don't recall any relating to
> libvorbis.

hey robert,

i remember a similar issue..

as you can see the libvorbis-port does not create the .so.3 link for you:
 lmg@tm /home/lmg> cat /usr/ports/audio/libvorbis/pkg-plist | -e 'vorbisfile.*so'
  lib/libvorbisfile.so
  lib/libvorbisfile.so.4

a quick'n'dirty fix is to link it yourself:
 ROOT@tm /usr/local/lib# ln -s libvorbisfile.so.4 libvorbisfile.so.3
 lmg@tm /home/lmg> ll /usr/local/lib/ | grep -e 'vorbisfile.*so'
  libvorbisfile.so@ -> libvorbisfile.so.4
  libvorbisfile.so.3@ -> libvorbisfile.so.4