Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:52:55 +0000
From:      "Ivailo A. Tanusheff" <ITanusheff@postbank.bg>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Free disks enumeration needed

Dear all,

I have a little bit strange question, but I will appreciate your help.
I have a FreeBSD server, with attached both SATA and SCSI drives. The server=
 uses both ZFS and UFS file systems.

I want to find a way to find out which drives are available to be used in ne=
w zfs pool with a script or C program, i.e. which drives are not used by zfs=
 or ufs on the system.
For the SATA drives I believe glabel status gives me the reasonable informat=
ion, but I do not see any SCSI drive there.

It is easy to enumerate disks installed on the system, but how to find out w=
hich are "free" for use?

Regards,

Ivailo Tanusheff

Disclaimer:

This communication is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, y=
ou are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking=
 any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly proh=
ibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication by mista=
ke, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete=
 it from your system.
Eurobank Bulgaria AD is not responsible for, nor endorses, any opinion, reco=
mmendation, conclusion, solicitation, offer or agreement or any information=
 contained in this communication.
Eurobank Bulgaria AD cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or co=
mpleteness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.=
 If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended, pleas=
e call the sender.