Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2007 01:10:13 +0400
From:      Yuri Pankov <yuri@darklight.org.ru>
To:        Jeffrey Williams <jeff@sailorfej.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help, several but not all ports make failing with no errors

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 11:47:14AM -0700, Jeffrey Williams wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am having a weird problem, since upgrading several servers to the new=
=20
> Xorg.  These servers do not have full X installed on them, but do have ap=
ps=20
> installed that depend on some X libraries.
>
> When trying to install some ports, most recently subversion, when I type=
=20
> "make" in the port directory, I get returned immediately to the prompt,=
=20
> with no messages, and now errors, nothing copied or installed.
>
> This problem has occurred intermittently with out a lot of consistency. =
=20
> For instance php5 worked fine on one server but not on another, most of t=
he=20
> servers are running in jails, at the moment subversion is my main problem.
>
> All servers were upgrade from 6.2p0 to p6 using cvsup and make buildworld=
,=20
> on some the installed ports were upgraded using the portupgrade technique=
=20
> form UPDATING, on others all pre-existing ports were deinstalled, mergeba=
se=20
> was run, then needed ports were reinstalled.  This problem seems to=20
> manifest equally regardless of which technique was used.
>
> This problem does not occur with every port, for instance on the two=20
> servers currently causing me problems, visitors and wget installed fine,=
=20
> but subversion exhibits the symptoms described above, problem seems to=20
> occur more often on the jailed servers than on the regular, I also tried=
=20
> installing to the jailed servers from the jail host server using the=20
> DESTDIR flag, but had the same symptom.
>
> Really quick help on this would be appreciated, this is holding up some=
=20
> critical projects.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

The only reason that I can think of - you haven't cleaned work/
directories after ports installation, and now make is seeing cookie
files - work/.build_done, work/.install_done - and is doing nothing as
it should. Anyway, try running `portsclean -C' and sorry if reason lies
somewhere deeper.

HTH,
Yuri

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua