Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 13:28:09 +0200
From:      johann@broadpark.no
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [pnm2ppa] HP DeskJet 820C -- SOMEBODY MUST KNOW?

Hi.

I refuse to believe that I and the people who replied to my previous e-mail
regarding this issue are the only ones taken by this problem. I am sure
somebody must have experienced it before and found some kind of rational
solution to it.

The printer gets detected, but somehow refuses to respond to any of my
commands (e.g. lptest > /dev/lpt0>. This is a parallel port printer.

ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppbus0: IEEE1284 device found /NIBBLE/ECP
Probing for PnP devices on ppbus0:
ppbus0: <HEWLETT-PACKARD DESKJET 820C> SCP,VLINK
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0

I have installed pnm2ppa, though that didn't seem to help.

Please, I'm really in the need of printouts.

-- Johann