Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:51:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bktr/fxtv/ADS Channel Surfer

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Roger Hardiman wrote:

> Andreas,
>

> I've not heared of the TEMIC 3x1 981 tuner.
> So, it is possible it is not supported and I need to change
> the tuner code slightly.

As Juha.Nurmela@quicknet.inet.fi pointed out, the TEMIC 3x 1981 is
actually a 4036FY5. Setting the OVERRIDE_TUNER to the Philips NTSC
worked fine. This might deserve a note in the driver's README file,
since seeing TEMIC supported in the driver, it was non-obvious to me
to even consider trying the Philips tuner.

> > The only message from
> > the driver is 'ioctl: tsleep error 35 20000xx' whenever I start fxtv
>
> > The OS is NetBSD/i386-current, fxtv is version 1.0 and
> > brooktree848.c has RCS version 1.85
>
> Can you tell me which 'version' the driver is.
> Not the RCS / CVS numbers, but my own version numbering.
> It is part of the long change history.

The version is 1.74 of 17 Sep 1999. Thanks for the quick reply and a
great driver!

--
    - aew