Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 12:52:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@chaski.com
Subject:   Re: pppd problem

You will be a lot more likely to get help if you include
at least a little information on:

1. what you are trying to do,
2. how you are going about it (the posting did not really
   explain this),
3. why you want to do it this way (maybe you misunderstood),
4. at least the version of FreeBSD,
5. (preferably, in this case), what you did to set up your
   modem, your serial ports, a little bit about your ISP's
   expectations for a ppp connection, etc.

For example, pppd is most often used as a ppp SERVER, not
a client.  ppp (ijppp) is most often used as a client.

Bud Dodson

--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790