Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 1995 22:00:34 +0800 (WST)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@haywire.DIALix.COM>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Doom!  It's dangerous...

Try compiling your kernel with "options DIAGNOSTIC" and see how quickly
it blows up.

It appears to be passing vnodes around to functions that are expecting
them to be locked, but in fact, are not locked (eg: ufs_access, while
trying to load /lib/ld.so).

Alas, we can't see the source to see if it's an isolated bug or somthing
that's more prolific.

Also, it causes compile warnings if you compile with "options KTRACE".
Something is suspect in the COMPAT_LINUX code in i386/trace.c

But, at last, I've almost got it working.. All I need to figure out now,
is why it comes up in about 4 colours.. (black, grey, white, and red).
It's definately running on a 256 colour server (all to itself even).

Also, I binary edited /lib/ld.so so that the resolv+ resolver in the
linux libc doesn't get it's knickers in a knot over the freebsd format
/etc/host.conf

Cheers,
-Peter