Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:30:58 -0500
From:      "FreeBSD" <backdoc@crotchett.com>
To:        "Scott Gerhardt" <scott@gerhardt-it.com>, "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade and Optparse

I'll take a stab at this.  Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

pkg_delete portupgrade
pkg_add portupgrade
install cvsup (pkg_add cvsup)
edit your port-supfile (look at the example) all you really need to change
is the default host
update ports-file (cvsup -g -L 2 /path/to/ports-supfile)
update ports index (portsdb -Uu)
update pkgdb (pkgdb -F)
see what's outdated (portversion |grep -v "=")
portupgrade -ra

BTW, ruby-optparse is outdated.

Darren