Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:08:35 +0200
From:      Florian Smeets <flo@smeets.im>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] fusefs-ntfs and fusefs-libs updates

On 10/25/2012 16:44, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> On 24/10/2012 15:33, Florian Smeets wrote:
>> On 10/22/2012 10:05, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
>>> On my RELENG_9 system apart from ntfs non of the fusefs systems works
>>> any more:
>>>
>>> fusefs-smbnetfs-0.5.3a
>>> fusefs-sshfs-2.4
>>> fusefs-wdfs-1.4.2_4
>>>
>>> And concerning ntfs, ports/170695 is still present.
>>>
>>> All in all, I was much better off before the updates.
>>>

>> Yes, I'm aware of the problems. We are working on making the fuse import
>> from head work on older releases and update the fusefs-kmod with that.
>> Also we are currently looking into the problem why certain fusefs
>> filesystems don't work with the current versions in ports.
>
> Oh, thanks! If you need me to test anything ...

Dominic,

can you please try smbnetfs, sshfs and wdfs after replacing your
fusefs-kmod port with http://people.freebsd.org/~flo/fusefs-kmod.tar.bz2
and reinstalling the port? Please make sure you are using the latest
version of sysutils/fusefs-libs (2.9.2).

I have successfully used sshfs and wdfs and have a success report for
smbnetfs.

The new port currently works on head and 9.x only.

encfs still panics but we are looking into that.

Thanks,
Florian