Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 1999 23:29:52 -0500
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@commercialmovers.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD + SCO OS 5.0.5 + Samba + Windows 9x -- How?

Here's a little bit of a doozy -

I've got a situation where I have a single SCO OpenServer box providing
database, file, and mail access to an existing LAN/WAN configuration.
We're getting ready to move the file and mail operations to separate
servers, leaving the SCO box to do what it does best, run the database.

The future configuration will be:
  * SCO OpenServer running the database
  * FreeBSD + Samba providing file and print services
  * FreeBSD + Sendmail/Procmail handles the mail

I'd like to come up with a "single password" solution for all network
access.  Problem is that I'm not sure how to do this.  I really would
like for password changes to happen on the FreeBSD/Samba box so that the
Windows users can change their password in windows.  So, ideally, all
other machines will consult the FreeBSD/Samba box for authentication.
Password aging should also happen here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim