Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 1995 16:53:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Hoffman <jeffh@cybernetics.net>
To:        tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Can't Use Vi

On Mon, 20 Feb 1995 tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu wrote:

> After I install the FreeBSD 2.0 on my machine.  The system create a new user forme during the installation.  But I can not use vi when I login as this new user.
> The error message is "log db : Permission Deny".  Can anyone tell me why?

The permissions are wrong on your /tmp directory.  You are being denied
access to /tmp, so it's giving you the above message.  If you fix the
permissions your problem should be solved.

> Thanks for the help.

You bet.

> Yao-Wen Stephen Tsai 2/20/95

Jeff

-- Jeff Hoffman -- jeffh@cybernetics.net -------------------------------------
"A man facing the light looks not into sorrow, but to to the future...always."
                WWW: http://www.cybernetics.net/users/jeffh
PGP Public Key available on request.