Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 1997 14:50:57 -0700
From:      Derek Leung <goten@sduteam.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   setting the idle time

Does anyone know how to set the length of idle time for a user in the
shell.  Since I do not want to let my users just to idle in the shell
and doing nothing.  I check the login.conf, but I got no luck.  Does
anybody can give me a step by step instructions? Or a template how to do
that?

Another question is that I also want to set the lenght of time for a
user to telnet to our shell.  From the stock of FreeBSD2.2.2, when
someone telnet to a FreeBSD server, user can keep trying login in even
the password is wrong.  The server will not disconnect the user no
matter how many trial he did.  Does anyone know how can I restrict this
so that user will be disconnect if he try to login more than 3 times
while the password is incorrect?
Thanks for any comments, pls email me for reply.  Thanks again.

rgd,
Derek
mailto:goten@sduteam.com