Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 1995 06:04:32 +0159 (MET DST)
From:      Gerd Truschinski <gt@freebsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        jimmy@chn.ak.planet.gen.nz
Subject:   Re: Help! Which files to download ?

> Hello :
> I am a newbie of unix who is interested in installing FreeBSD on my system,
> however, after browsing through .../FreeBSD/2.0.5-RELEASE/ on one of the mirror
> sites, and read some of the introductory documentations, I still don't quite
> know which file I should download for the installation (from dos partition).  I
> know that I would need .../floppies/*.* .
> Do I need files from any other directories ?

you also need rawrite.exe to write the floppy image to the floppy
and the .../bin/bin*.* files in a directory "c:\freebsd".
That is enough to start a installation.
I have done it last week. Then I got the last sources and compiled a
new system. (About 12 hours on a 66MHZ 80486). With only one
showstopper ( the missing eign file which one could copy by hand)

I have select the 'minimal installation set'.

/gT/
--
Gerd Truschinski         | Yes, this is the sort of scenario I
gt@freebsd.first.gmd.de  | think up to amuse myself in the evenings.