Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:55:11 -0300
From:      "Nicolas Gieczewski" <nicolas@nixsoftware.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How's linux-ibm-jdk14 in the memory footprint department?

Thanks for the suggestion. I could only get it down to about 152 MB with =
an initial heap size of 8 MB and a maximum size of 16 MB. I believe this =
is probably too small, though (actually, I have no idea, guess I'll have =
to see how often the GC is kicking in). Even though not all of the 152 =
MB (or 203 MB, for that matter) are in main memory at any given time, =
don't they become unavailable to the OS, anyway?

Nevertheless, it's still pretty much of a memory hog even with such a =
tiny heap. On Windows, its total memory footprint is around 23 MB as I =
had said, with only about half of that in main memory at any given time. =
Do you know how I can check the default heap size of the JVM? I'd like =
to compare default heap sizes on *nix and Windows and see what the JVM's =
memory footprint is on each platform without counting the heap.

Thanks again!

Nick

----- Original Message -----=20