Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:18:03 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Ronj_clark@yahoo.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Compiling C code

Ronnie Clark wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to compile some C code and I get the
> following errors:
> windows.h: No such file or directory
>
> Is there a library that I can install on my FreeBSD
> 4.8 STABLE box to fix these silly errors???

Yes, Microsoft Windows.

Programs written to run in the Windows GUI include this header
file to get the functions needed to create buttons and windows
and input boxes and all the other parts of the Windows GUI.

This header does not exist in FreeBSD (or any Unix that I know
of).  You either have to obtain a compatibility library (I don't
know of any) or rewrite the GUI part to use X-windows or some
other interface.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies