Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:52:49 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Rasputin' <rasputin@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: jdk12-beta needs jfc as dependancy?

> <rant>
>
> "class SwingSet not found"
> (this *after* java -v clearly says 'loaded SwingSet from
> SwingSet.jar')

It is my experience that the error message above should be read as follows:

"class SwingSet wanted to load some class it depends on, which, for some
unspecified reason failed. class SwingSet is *not* going to tell you which
class it tried to load, nor what the problem was, because, frankly, class
SwingSet could't care less if you find out what you're doing wrong or not."

</rant> :)

In other words: the class may have failed to load because one of its
dependencies could not be found, even if the class itself is present and
accessible (and shows up in verbose load mode).

While we're on the subject of braindead debugging output, is there someone
with Tomcat expertise who will answer some questions about it? Thanks in
advance.

    Kees Jan