Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 2009 00:08:04 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Marius_N=FCnnerich?= <marius@nuenneri.ch>
To:        Adam Stylinski <stylinae@email.uc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Funny bug in zfs-snapshot-mgmt

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 20:07, Adam Stylinski <stylinae@email.uc.edu> wrote:
> So I'm not entirely sure which mailing list to post this to in order to
> inform the port/package maintainer, and this bug may already be fixed, as
> I'm using a package from 7.2-release, but I found a pretty interesting bug.
> I live in one of the regions of the US that actually are affected by
> Daylight Savings Time, and cron appears to have informed me when naming a
> snapshot that there is a duplicate (for obvious reasons):
>
> cannot create snapshot 'share/dadshare@auto-2009-11-
> 01_01.00': dataset already exists
> no snapshots were created
>
> Perhaps there is a way to use the tzdata distributed with freebsd to rename
> this snapshot?

Hi,

I'm the current maintainer. This bug is not fixed. The simplest
solution would be to use UTC times. Another to add the current
timezone to the snapshot name. Both not really satisfying. I would
just live on with that on mail per year until the nuisance of DST is
finally removed from our lives ;)

 - Marius