Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:54:12 -0000
From:      "Roger Hardiman" <roger@telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk>
To:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Ports freeze for 4.8

Hi Kris

Thanks for the info on the openh323 releated ports.

>2) Something about recursive :target dependencies doesn't work as
>expected (and never has, AFAIK).  In this case there are two levels of
>recursion:

>openh323proxy:
>BUILD_DEPENDS= ${NONEXISTENT}:${PORTSDIR}/net/openh323:build

>openh323:
>BUILD_DEPENDS=  ${NONEXISTENT}:${PORTSDIR}/comms/ixj:patch

>and the second one is not called.

>I see the same failure mode on my 4.x box when trying to install
>openh323proxy without having openh323 already installed.  The
>workaround is to not recurse :)

But bento used to be happy with this, or so I thought.

And it seems to work on my freebsd box here, although someone emailed me who
was having this
problem on their box 2 days ago.

But anyway.... HELP.
How should I go about fixing this?

I don't want to install the ixj driver for people who do not specifically
install it.
(as it adds kernel modules and startup scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d)

And because the openh323 api changes from time to time (not frozen), then I
prefer not to install the
openh323 libraries and the header files which go with it, hence the reason
why there is a dependency on
the openh323 port being built.

>There is another set of problems I noticed here:

>.if !exists(/usr/include/sys/telephony.h)
>.if !exists(/usr/local/include/sys/telephony.h)
>BUILD_DEPENDS=  ${NONEXISTENT}:${PORTSDIR}/comms/ixj:patch
>.endif
>.endif

This code is a bit of a hack. I'll sort that out.

Roger