Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 11:20:25 -0400
From:      rdmurphy@acs.bu.edu
To:        perry@vishnu.alias.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need Help with Sony CD drive

|   I just installed a Sony CDU76S CD drive that included a
|  Adaptec 1515 SCSI controller card. I'm running FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE
|  on a Pentium 120 with 32M of RAM. The card shows up on the aic0
|  controller. I'm using the cd0 device selection in the kernel config

I have the same drive in a similar setup, but using an NCR controller.

|  file. I can mount the FreeBSD CDrom using mount_cd9660 without any
|  problem. (That's what I got it for). But whenever I try to play an
|  audio CD using any of the audio CD player apps (cdplay, cdplayer, xcd,
|  xcdplayer, etc.) it doesn't work. For instance, when I try cdplayer, I
|  get an error message. Here is a sample run:
|   vishnu:perry {105} cdplayer
|  CD>play 1 2
|  cdplayer: Invalid argument
|  CD>
|	   I can then run dmesg and the following error message is in the
|  log:
|   cd0(aic0:3:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:26,0 Invalid field in parameter list

I originally had the same error messages; someone sent a few minor patches
that cleared up the problem.  Unfortunately, the patches (and the kind soul's
name) are sitting on my machine at home.  I'll send them along tonight if
you still need them.

|    John Perry - KG5RG - perry@vishnu.alias.net -  PGP-encrypted e-mail welcome!
|   WWW - http://www.alias.net
|   PGP 2.62 key for perry@vishnu.alias.net is on the keyservers.