Date:      Wed, 04 Jul 2012 16:31:41 +0200
From:      Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To:        freebsd-eclipse@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can't use plugins installed inside eclipse after updating to 3.7.1

Hi,

I've just recently updated to eclipse 3.7.1 (from ports) and since then
I can't use plugins (CDT and pydev) installed from eclipse (via
help->install new software etc).
The error is the same as described here:
http://eggbung.blogspot.hu/2010/01/pydev-fails-no-editor-descriptor.html
What I've tried already: completely purge my ~/.eclipse and workspace
directories, run and compile (who knows) it with the all the JDKs
(jdk16, openjdk16/17).

One thing I found so far is in /usr/local/lib/eclipse/eclipse.ini there is
-Dorg.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins.directory=/usr/local/share/eclipse/dropins
but that directory is empty. The only dropins directory which actually
contains jars is: /usr/local/lib/eclipse/dropins
Changing this from share to lib doesn't make any changes.

BTW, if I install CDT and pydev from ports, they work.