Date:      Mon, 18 Apr 2011 06:37:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@tutopia.com>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Removal of libobjc from the base system

=0A--- On Mon, 4/18/11, Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org> wrote:=0A...=0A> > Y=
eah it's too outdated to be of any use.=0A> > =0A> > IMHO, you can axe libf=
2c too...=0A> > =0A> =0A> Honest question here, is there a newer version of=
 libf2c=0A> that lives in ports and is adopted by people who use=0A> fortra=
n?=A0 The one that I find in the base system seems=0A> to be a similar matc=
h to the one in ports/devel/f2c.=A0=0A> Is the one in the base system a pai=
n to maintain or=0A> otherwise holding back other work, or has it been made=
=0A> obsolete by something in ports?=A0 Is removing it from=0A> the base sy=
stem anything more than just churn?=0A> =0A=0AI am a moderate user of Fortr=
an: when I need it I use=0Agfortran instead of f2c. lang/f2c is in the port=
s tree,=0Aand the one port I made (tochnog) that actually depends=0Aon libf=
2c uses the port, not the system library.=0A=0AConsidering we are not carry=
ing fortran in base anymore,=0Ait would seem logical to kill libf2c, but it=
 must be said=0Athe f2c port originates in netlib, I have no idea where=0At=
he GPL'd libf2c comes from or if there is any significant=0Adifference.=0A=
=0Acheers,=0A=0APedro.=0A