Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 09:14:35 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Joe Kiser <joekiser@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IE for FreeBSD Petition

On Monday, 22 May 2000 at 19:37:04 +0000, Joe Kiser wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2000 09:36:03 +0930, you wrote:
>
>> [Format recovered--see http://www.lemis.com/email/email-format.html]
>>
>> On Sunday, 21 May 2000 at 15:50:14 -0400, Bill A. K. wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>      I've had this petition up for a while, and I'm trying to get more traffic and names. I'm trying to get something to convince Microsoft to port Internet Explorer for UNIX to FreeBSD.
>>> The URL for my site is http://www.iefreebsd.freeservers.com
>>> If you would be interested in a small banner, etc. for your own web site, please let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
>>
>> I think this is a very bad idea.  Look at your mail message for one
>> good reason why: Microsoft software is just plain broken.  You
>> probably don't even realise that your message was written without line
>> breaks.  Isn't it much easier to read like this?
>
> I think you need a new newsreader.  The original post looked fine in
> Forte Agent.

Well, first I was talking about MUAs, not newsreaders.  More
importantly, this means that Forte Agent is also broken.  Like your
message, the original message was sent as type text/plain, which means
"display exactly as written".  If Forte Agent wraps the text, it is
not displaying it correctly.

Greg