Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:08:16 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Tom Stewart" <tstewart@mho.net>
Subject:   Re: Seriously Considering FreeBSD

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862544=_=_=_

Please don't send HTML messages....

>Does FreeBSD comes with Java development tools or do I obtain them from elsewhere?
>(Maybe Sun? or GNU?)

check www.freebsd.org/ports, in particular look at the Java section.
Those are programs which you can easily get installed under FreeBSD as part of the ports system.

For more about ports look at the documentation. In particular something called the "handbook".

Also any Java based development tool will work under FreeBSD after you have installed the JDK. For
instance I think Netbeans is Java based (i.e. it is a Java program). Don't recall the URL though.

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862544=_=_=_

<HTML>

</U><FONT FACE="Courier" DEFAULT="FACE"><FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10">Please don't send HTML messages....<BR>
<FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="11" DEFAULT="SIZE"><BR>
&gt;<FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10">Does FreeBSD comes with Java development tools or do I obtain them from elsewhere?<BR>
&gt;(Maybe Sun? or GNU?)<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="11" DEFAULT="SIZE">check www.freebsd.org/ports, in particular look at the Java section.<BR>
Those are programs which you can easily get installed under FreeBSD as part of the ports system.<BR>
<BR>
For more about ports look at the documentation. In particular something called the "handbook".<BR>
<BR>
Also any Java based development tool will work under FreeBSD after you have installed the JDK. For instance I think Netbeans is Java based (i.e. it is a Java program). Don't recall the URL though.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

</HTML>

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4862544=_=_=_--