Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2014 10:59:38 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FBSD10 Atheros wifi not working

The subject line may not be very descriptive, but I'm not sure exactly
where to point as to the problem. All other similar issues are a few
years old now, and on 8,9, some 7's.

Long story short I'm just installing 10 (finally) on my laptop, and I
need to get it back up and running asap as I am swamped in work. I
didn't think it would be an issue as 9 had a decent working ath driver
and I thought it could only get better. I'm now emailing using yet
another system with the same device on 9, but a dying hdd which
obviously also needs a reinstall on new hdd. Wired is no good as we
aren't equipped.

So in bsdinstall, all works well and it sets up wifi easily. Reboot into
the new system an it has a coronary with messages from
ath_reset_grablock, ath_reset, ath_raw_xmit, ath_chan_set,
ath_legacy_rx_tasklet:

ath_reset: concurrent reset! danger!

ath_reset_grablock: didn't finish after 10 iterations
ath_reset_grablock: warning, recursive reset path!

ath_chan_set: concurrent reset! danger!

ath_raw_xmit: sc_inreset_cnt > 0; bailing

ath_legacy_rx_tasklet: sc_inreset_cnt > 0; bailing

Scanning doesn't work; ath0 says it is associated, but wlan0 says no
channel.

I've set dev.ath.0.hal.debug=1, but there is no ath.0.debug either under
dev or hw. I tried compiling the tools but it failed for lack of gcc.

TIA guys, but I am really under the pump here as I thought this would be
a quick up and go now with the pkgng system as well in play. Now I'm up
the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Cheers